Friday, May 10, 2013

Reason #288: Nancy Fucking Grace



So annoyed am I by all the Jodi Arias talk this week that I was going to go off-script a bit and talk about something that's neither governmental nor positive: Nancy Fucking Grace.

Then I realized that there's nothing I can say that's more perfect that the above three-minute video, which should be drilled into the skulls of everyone who's ever given Grace a moment of their attention, for worse, their genuine interest.

Forget Hannity, O'Reilly, and Beck; forget Schultz and Blitzer. Nancy Grace is the single worst thing about cable news, and no Jersey Shore or Honey Boo-Boo does a tenth of the damage to our worth as a culture as she does every night.

It would honestly be better if she were just ignorant or misguided. Sean Hannity may be the devil, but I honestly believe his ideology is borne of good intentions. But Nancy Grace used to be a real-life prosecutor, albeit one with "disregard of the notions of due process and fairness", according to a judge before whom she once argued. She knows exactly what she's doing. And someday she's going to get someone killed.


Further Reading

Wikipedia - Nancy Grace - Prosecutorial Misconduct

Reason #28: Dead Racists

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. The very notion that she has the ear of so many people frightens me to my bones and it's not just because I know she know what she's doing but that she seems to relish it.

    ReplyDelete